Top rated Parental Control app
WiFi Blocker - Parental controls for your home router
The Best Screen Time and Parental Control App
The WiFi Blocker app will change the way you WiFi and control your home network. With WiFi Blocker you can block any individual or group of devices from internet access, find your WiFi passwords, see who's online, group devices into profiles for easy control and organise your network. At the push of a button your children are offline. The ideal parental control companion.
• Take Control of your WiFi.
• Control your Kids internet access with touch of a button.
• Restrict bandwidth hogs.
• Block your kids internet access quick and simply.
• Parent friendly, very easy to setup, very easy to use.
• Individually block any devices on your router quickly,
• Router Scheduling (available on certain routers only), block out weekly hours grid and assign devices to the schedule, router auto blocks/unblocks devices.
• Create People profiles to group devices per user helping organise your network
• Pause internet access per user profile (bed time; dinner time; family event)
• See who is currently connected to your WiFi router with detailed information per device such as device MAC address, IP Address, name, connection status.
• See which devices in your network are still powered on (that should be turned off).
• Set 'Always Allowed' filters.
• Rename device to friendly names
• Detailed Device information of all your connected devices on your network
• View/Copy WiFi credentials (easy to share with guests).
• Stop smart devices from sending traffic on internet (printers, etc).
• No third party hardware required (you must own a supported router before purchase! )
• No subscriptions, single purchase. • No Cloud / Works on your Local Wifi only
• No software installation on any client device required. blocking at the router. • Parental controls at router
WiFi Blocker User Stories
Typical scenarios you may be facing…
In the News:
“What I did early on is I downloaded an app called WiFi Blocker,” she said.
“My son will absolutely hate the fact that I’m telling everybody this but it was the best £5 I ever invested.”
Lauren, Reason we made the app …
Time: 1.30am, School night. Dad finds Lauren(age 13) in bed with her iPad.
Dad “LAUREN IT’s 1.30 AM!”.
Lauren and Dad proceed in actual tug of war for iPad.
Lauren’s internet gets blocked at 8pm automatically, Lauren realises her iPad is pretty useless without internet, and is asleep by 9pm most nights. Occasionally get “STUART. WiFi” reminders to switch back on her WiFi, or with router scheduling her internet is automatically available from 7am.
Dad still enjoys toggling her WiFi from scheduled to blocked to here her shout downstairs if we’ve not heard from here in a while or its dinner time.
Dean, aged 9, Sometimes not needed
Dean’s a good boy and hands in his devices at set times,
doesn’t stay up late or sneak his devices to bed.
Murray, aged 5, Transition issues stopping the things he enjoys
Time: Murray’s bath time, Murray watching Thomas on Netflix.
Dad: “Murray bath time”.. Murray “No” .. Repeated 5x.
Dad gets frustrated and turns off the Nintendo. Murray gets frustrated by Daddy,
bath time is an unpleasant atmosphere.
Time: Murray’s bath time,
Murray watching Thomas on Netflix.
Dad “Murray bath time”.. Murray “No” .. Repeated 2x.
Dad loads WiFi Blocker on his Phone, blocks the Nintendo,
1 minute later buffered video runs out, Daddy “Murray bath time”.
Murray happy switches off Nintendo, Skips to bathroom. Win Win.
Our sister took another approach and provided some fake news to
their kids who were hooked to Mine Craft.
“The iPad and Games console Broke”.
Taking away their devices entirely.
Now found cycling, playing in the garden and along the beach.